7/15/08

"That's how my do it!!"



"That's how my do it!"
-Spencer Farris, after using the potty

We have been potty training Spencer for the past couple of weeks. I must say that potty training is one of the hardest things for me!! I will be so glad when it is all finished. All that said, Spencer is making great strides!! He wakes up dry (both after a nap and in the morning) and uses the potty as soon as he wakes up. He hasn't had a wet accident in about 3 days!! He even got out of the swimming pool today to use the bathroom. I am so proud. Now if we can just get "number 2" into the potty, we will be finished with diapers and pull-ups!! It is hard to believe that I have been changing diapers for EIGHT YEARS!!! I looked it up on the Internet and found that the average child will cost about $1600 to diaper for two years in disposable diapers or about $66 a month. Okay, so that brings the Farris family to a grand total of $6400 in diapers over the past 8 years!! Now, can you see why I am so excited about Spencer's success? Some of you may be thinking, why in the world did she post this on her blog? I must admit that it is a rather disgusting subject if you think about it...I am just so proud of Spencer and his accomplishments. Cole was completely potty trained at 2 years and 9 months...Spencer is now 2 years and 6 months and he is well on his way to breaking his big brother's record. (Not to undermine Molly, who finished only a few months behind Cole.)

Flushing seems to be his favorite part. He caused the toilet to overflow once and the bathroom floor was covered in water...toilet water, no less!


No comments:

Mark, Amy, Cole, Molly, and Spencer