Mark and I have been in prayer recently about different opportunities and callings that we feel that God has placed on our lives. When I found out that I was pregnant with Cole, Mark and I decided that I would become a stay at home mom. I was teaching third grade at the time, so I was able to finish the school year before Cole was born in July of 2000. One of our recent prayers has been that God provide a means of extra income without me leaving Spencer all day. In doing so, God has been faithful to open a few doors for us. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago with a local preschool. I went with the anticipation that I would be interviewing to work a few days a week as a preschool teacher. In the interview, the director informed me that I could work as many or as few days a week that I wanted and that I could have any age group. She followed that comment with this..."I know that you have a degree in education and are a certified teacher. I want to throw this out and see what you think. We have a half day kindergarten class that needs a teacher." Well, those of you that know me very well, know that I have always wanted to teach kindergarten. So, I said yes! God has provided an extra means of income for our family, fulfilled my desire to teach kindergarten, AND made it possible for me to do all of this from 8:00 to 11:45 everyday so that I can still be with Spencer for the better part of the day!! The class will have about 13 students in it. The director said that some children come to this half day kindergarten and move right into first grade the next year and some use it for children with a late birthday that choose to attend a full day kindergarten the following year.
Spencer will be able to go with me to school. He will be in a two year old preschool class that will have Bible lessons, music class, crafts, and an awesome playground. I told him that he would be going to "school" this year like Cole and Molly and he said, "Where is my backpack!" He is so excited. I am glad that he will have the opportunity to be with children his own age for a few hours each day. Keep me in your prayers as I adjust to working after 8 years of being out of the work force!
"O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list." Psalm 40:5a


No comments:
Post a Comment