Yesterday was the Fourth of July! My parents came up to spend the holiday with us. We had a great day. It is always nice for them to come visit us and the kids always have a blast. Cole, Molly, and Spencer are always so excited...I guess because they feel like Nana and Paw drove all the way here just for them. (Who am I kidding? That is exactly why they come!) We enjoyed some good ole' American favorites like BBQ pulled pork and ribs, mac & cheese, watermelon, and homemade ice cream. You can't get more American than that. After they left, Mark and I took the kids to see the town firework show. It was impressive, but I admit that Disney has spoiled me. We parked in the Lowe's parking lot and I kept waiting for them to dim the lights and for the music to begin. It finally dawned on me that not everyone does a fireworks show like Walt Disney World.
Mark painted the living room yellow/gold (brown mustard to be exact) and I painted (or color washed) my entertainment center red on Thursday. I have had some great material for a few months that I have been wanting to put to use somehow, so Momma helped me sew some pillows for my couch to help finish off the new look in the living room. Thanks, mom! I will learn how to do it one day!!
Nana...I promised you more pictures on the blog!(whether you like it or not..ha!)
I always enjoy their visits, but they don't last long enough. Daddy will be here again in a few weeks. He will be taking two courses this summer for his doctorate (only one more left after that), so he will be here for two weeks. I know that Spencer will be glad to have his personal play toy, Molly will enjoy her back scratcher, and Cole will love having his PlayStation partner.



No comments:
Post a Comment