5/20/08

God's Plans and Blessings

For months, Mark and I have been praying about an opportunity for me to paint and make some extra money. Back in March, a friend of mine asked me to paint a 3-canvas garden scene for her daughter's room. I was so glad to have the opportunity to do this. Upon the completion of this project, Mark urged me to persue this idea of painting a little bit more...so, I did. I was a vendor in the "famous" Canton Flea Market a few short weeks ago. I had great hopes of selling out by lunch time and walking away with $5000!! (I know...mighty ambitious) I truely felt God's hand in the whole flea market process...getting an invitation, getting a great spot in "the square", extra money coming in here and there to pay for all the supplies necessary to paint, the weather holding off and not storming. All these things just worked out. BUT then, when I didn't sell out...or even enough to make my money back, I was crushed. Since then, I have reminded myself that God allowed all of those events and circumstances to work out so beautifully for a purpose. Maybe His purpose wasn't a sold out flea market. As I began to find peace in the fact that he did and does have a plan, I began to see it unfold. Since the flea market, I have had several orders for picture frames, a lady that was at the market picked up my card and called Saturday and wants 3 custom canvases for her son's room, a lady called and wants a 24x48 canvas for her daughter's room AND I will start painting on her daughter's walls this afternoon. In addition, I now have my paintings in two area stores and a children's boutique wants me to paint custom canvas designs as customers come in and want something to match their child's room. Isn't God good? What I wanted was $5000 at a flea market, what he wants may just turn out to be so much more!!


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11




1 comment:

Angie Tyner said...

Your picture looks great! You should put some more on your blog so everyone can see them!

Mark, Amy, Cole, Molly, and Spencer