Yesterday, some of the parents of Molly's classmates and I threw a "party" for their sweet teacher, Mrs. Dear. In the midst of that party, it finally hit me that this was the end of Molly's beginning to her education. I think I was more emotional yesterday than I was on her first day of kindergarten. Molly has had a wonderful start in school. Her teacher was fabulous! I am a fiction reader, so for me to read a non-fiction book, it has to come in spurts. In one of my spurts with Kevin Leman's Birth Order Book, I learned that middle children will often develop strong relationships outside of the home. When I first read this, my thoughts immediately went to us being on our guard as far as what types of friends Molly makes. Though Molly made many friends this year in kindergarten, I see that the strong bond that she formed outside of our home this year was with her teacher. Molly comes home each day from school and can tell me what Mrs. Dear had on, what her hair looked like, and just about every word that she said that day. All we hear is Mrs. Dear this and Mrs. Dear that. I thank God for a such a wonderful influence Mrs. Dear has been on Molly. I am so glad that Molly bonded with a fine Christian woman. We will surely miss her next year in first grade. She will always hold a special place in our hearts.
5/17/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mark, Amy, Cole, Molly, and Spencer



No comments:
Post a Comment