2/26/09

Our life as we know it today......

Well, things at the Farris house are just a wee bit out of sorts. Mark has moved on to Petal to begin work at the new church. He has been there for about a month now. Thankfully, he is able to stay at his parents' house and come home a couple times during the week. The kids and I are in Madison until the house sells, but are able to go down to Petal on the weekends. My parents are also in the area, so we are able to all stay with them on Saturday nights. Mark comes home on Tuesday nights and Thursday nights mostly. He is off on Friday, so he is here all day. He is kind enough to do all the grocery shopping on Fridays while I am at work!!

This leaves me with the duties of daily life mostly to myself...like fixing lunches, breakfast, homework, bath time, bedtime, taking care of the sick, laundry, and cleaning the house so that it is "show ready" at any given moment. Let me just say all that added in with my teaching schedule leaves me pretty exhausted! I am SO ready for our house to sell so that we can be together as a family and get our life back to normal (whatever normal means!).

All that said, I know that God is in control. He sees the big picture that I can't see. I was able to go on a retreat with Women's Enrichment Ministry from our new church last weekend. It was there that God reminded me of that fact. I, as well as many others, have been praying for our house to sell...and I fully believe that it will....in HIS time. Just as Jesus gave the blind sight for His own glory, I pray that He will use the circumstances surrounding my life, my house, and my health for that purpose as well. While at this retreat, God reminded me of several promises in His word.....
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"WHEN you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
WHEN you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
WHEN you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up!
For I am the LORD YOUR GOD." Isaiah 43:2

I know that He has the perfect family to buy our house. I know that He is working in the life of my family. I need to be patient and allow Him to do His work.

No comments:

Mark, Amy, Cole, Molly, and Spencer